If you’re looking for a present for the coffee over in your life, how about one of these – ahem – coffee table books? Whether you’re looking to expand your knowledge of all things coffee or learn a few hints for making the perfect mug, you’re sure to find something here.
1. The World Atlas of Coffee: From beans to brewing – coffees explored, explained and enjoyed by James Hoffman. Publisher Mitchell Beazley. Available from Amazon, £14.28 for the hardback edition. This new book by champion barista and coffee roaster James Hoffmann takes a look at the history and complexity of coffee, examining different varieties of beans and the process from bush to cup.
2. Coffee obsession by Anette Moldvaer. Publisher Dorling Kindersley. Available from Amazon, £11.99 for the hardback edition. This new book will allow you expand your coffee repertoire with over 100 recipes for everything from liqueur coffees to the perfect latte.
3. Setting Up & Managing Your Own Coffee Bar: How to open a Coffee Bar that actually lasts and makes money (Coffee Boys Step By Step Guide) by John Richardson and Hugh Gilmartin. Publisher How To Books. Available from Amazon, £11.24 for the paperback edition. This is a practical step by step guide on running your own coffee bar, including advice on location, finances and marketing.
4. The Coffee Book: Anatomy of an Industry from Crop to the Last Drop (Bazaar Book) by Nina Luttinger and Gregory Dicum. Publisher New Press. Available from Amazon, £12.78 for the paperback edition. A comprehensive introduction to one of the world’s most popular products, The Coffee Book is full of facts and figures, cartoons and coffee history.
5. Uncommon Grounds: The History of Coffee and How it Transformed Our World by Mark Pendergrast. Publisher Basic Books. Available from Amazon, £6.63 for the paperback edition.This book reviews the dramatic changes in coffee culture over the past decade.
Here at the Wholesale Coffee Company, we’re experts in all things coffee. To browse our range of coffee beans, coffee accessories and coffee ingredients, all available to buy online at great wholesale prices, log on to www.wholesalecoffeecompany.co.uk.