Here at the Wholesale Coffee Company we’re coffee experts – and here’s where you find out if you’re an expert too! We’ve put together some fun facts and figures in the shape of our coffee break quiz about everyone’s favourite drink. No Googling now! Answers at the bottom of the page.
1. Coffee originally came from:
2. ‘Café Sua Da’ is:
a. A single origin coffee bean commanding the world’s second highest price per kilo
b. Vietnamese iced coffee made with sweetened condensed milk, espresso and ice
c. Nothing to do with coffee – it’s Italian for a bar that serves food as well as drinks
3. Coffee beans are technically:
4. What does ‘espresso’ literally mean in Italian?
c. Pressed out
5. There’s something very special about kopi luwak coffee. What is it?
a. It’s only harvested at certain times of year, when the moon is full
b. It passes through the digestive system of a civet cat before being harvested, which is said to give it a milder, smoother flavour
c. It’s only grown on one tiny island in the West Indes, and the entire annual crop weighs less than 100kg
6. Which country drinks the most coffee per capita?
7.‘Decaffeinated’ doesn’t actually mean ‘completely caffeine free’, as the process can’t remove caffeine completely. If ‘normal’ coffee has between 95 and 200mg per cup, how much caffeine do you think is in decaff?
a. 2 to 12mg per cup
b. 20 to 40mg per cup
c. 15 to 20mg per cup
8. We all know that a caramel-topped, sugar-sprinkled latte is going to contain more calories than a straight, unsweetened black coffee – but how many calories does that ‘straight coffee’ actually contain per cup?
Here at the Wholesale Coffee Company, we specialise in supplying delicious coffee at great wholesale prices, both to businesses and directly to customers at home. Take a look at our main website www.wholesalecoffeecompany.co.uk to find out more and browse our range.
Scroll down for the answers!
Answers: 1a, 2b, 3b, 4c, 5b, 6c, 7a, 8b