Perfect coffee break treat: coffee muffins
Coffee and cake: were two words ever more perfectly paired? These coffee muffins are the perfect accompaniment to your mid-morning cup of coffee, and make the perfect treat to take into work on a Friday or to celebrate a colleague’s birthday.
To make 6 muffins, you’ll need:
- 260g self raising flour
- 40g granulated sugar
- 30g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large freerange egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120ml milk
- 120ml strong black coffee
- 120ml vegetable or sunflower oil
- six-hole muffin tin, and paper muffin cases
What to do:
- Preheat the over to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Start by making the coffee from freshly-roasted espresso coffee beans. Set aside until completely cool.
- Line the muffin tin with cases, and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine both the sugars, flour and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl or measuring jug, put the egg, milk, coffee, oil and vanilla. Beat together until fully combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Fold with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups until they’re about three quarters full, to give plenty of room for the muffins to rise.
- Put the tray in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until well-risen and firm to the touch. A skewer inserted into the thickest part of the muffin should come out clean with no traces of uncooked batter.
- Transfer to a serving rack, and serve slightly warm with a large mug of your favourite coffee.
At the Wholesale Coffee Company we sell a great range of espresso coffee beans and lots of other varieties too, all at wholesale prices. For more information, please visit our website at www.wholesalecoffeecompany.co.uk.