Help raise funds for the Marie Curie Daffodil Appeal
Marie Curie offers care and support for people living with any terminal illness, and their families and last year they cared for over 40,000 people across the UK. The annual Great Daffodil Appeal (1 March to 31 March 2017) has been raising awareness and funds since 1986. If you’d like to get involved with helping to raise funds for Marie Curie, we’ve put together a few ideas for how to do it. You can find more ideas over at the Marie Curie website – just search for the Great Daffodil Appeal. Group activities like this not only help to raise much-needed funds for the charity, but can also be a great way of team building in your office or business.
- Put a collection box on the reception or counter of your shop or business, and encourage staff to wear their daffodils each day in March
- Donate a portion of the money raised though the sale of hot drinks to the charity
- If you don’t normally charge for hot drinks at your business, put an optional donation box by the machine
- Hold a bake sale, and ask staff to bring in homemade cakes to sell off at coffee break time
- Ask staff to pay a small fee to wear yellow clothes on a specific day in March
- Hold a ‘coffee tasting’ event, with the chance to taste different blends and strengths and attendees paying a small entry fee
- Introduce premium coffee blends for your coffee machine, but charge a higher than normal price with the difference going to the charity
- Organise a quick quiz during your office coffee break – with round one in the morning, and round two in the afternoon!
For all your wholesale coffee needs, including coffee beans, accessories and supplies such as milk and sugar, take a look at our main website at www.wholesalecoffeecompany.co.uk.