Happy New Year from the Wholesale Coffee Company
Many thanks to all our customers for your support in 2015, and we wish you a happy and prosperous 2016. There’s still a holiday feel in the air, so we’ve put together this light-hearted coffee quiz for you to enjoy with the last of the mince pies. Happy New Year!
- All of the world’s coffee comes from the area between the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn. What’s the nickname of this area? A. Java line – B. Bean belt – C. Caffeine county – D. Bean equator
- How many calories in a cup of black coffee? A. 50 – B. 100 – C. 15 – D. 0
- How many cups of coffee does the average person drink a day? A. 1 – B. 0 – C. 3 – D. 7
- Which has a higher caffeine content, fresh ground coffee or instant coffee? A. ground – B. instant
- Name the only state in the US that grows coffee. A. Hawaii – B. California – C. Nevada – D. Florida
- Where does the name ‘cappuccino’ come from? A. From the brown habit of Capuchin monks – B. It means ‘breakfast cup’ in Italian – C. It’s named after a coffee bean farmer – D. It’s named after a bar where it was first brewed
- What’s the only drink more popular than coffee? A. Tea – B. Water – C. Beer – D. Juice
- What is an Americano made of? A. Equal parts filter coffee and milk – B. An espresso shot with cream – C. Sweetened filter coffee – D. Espresso with hot water
- Where’s the best place to store ground coffee? A. The fridge – B. The freezer – C. A cool, dark place
- Decaffeinated coffee is completely caffeine-free. A. True – B. False
Visit our website in 2016 for all your wholesale coffee needs – www.wholesalecoffeecompany.co.uk.
Scroll down for the answers.
1 – A
2 – D
3 – C
4 – A
5 – A
6 – A
7 – B
8 – D
9 – C – coffee is sensitive to moisture, so storing it for long in a fridge or freezer could cause it to deteriorate. It’s OK if you’re using it quickly, but a cool, dry, dark place like a cupboard is better.
10. – B. All decaffeinated coffee contains a small amount of caffeine. Permitted limits are 0.3% for soluble coffee and 0.1% for ground coffee.